Handyman Services in San Jose California - Yellow Van Handyman
Howard began working with his hands in high school taking classes in metal fabrication, wood working and auto mechanics. Besides projects around his own home, he has helped friends with remodeling and repairs around their homes. For the last 5 years Howard has worked as a Handyman. In his spare time he enjoys his creative side especially music and singing. He offers consultations for $50.
I love working with my hands & as a Yellow Van Handyman, I am really excited about getting to serve my members (customers) with a wealth of knowledge & flexibility. It is important for me to be able to give my members peace of mind by maintaining their biggest investment, their home.
Prior to becoming a Yellow Van Handyman I was working in the vacation industry. While there I worked up to a position of working with the marketing team where I would & create & mail out flyers to different events for our clients. When the economy went south in 2008, so did my job. At that time I decided to go back to what I knew best, working with my hands making & fixing things – something I have done all my life & was good at. So I became a self employed Handyman advertising on Craigslist to start out.
I like to help people feel comfortable & relaxed in their homes. No one likes to be in an environment where you are constantly confronted with conditions that are dysfunctional or unattractive. Even if you may feel that you have the abilities to correct the issues yourself, the time to do so is often an issue. These are things I can provide, more time to enjoy your home environment, someone reliable to depend on for repair & upgrade issues.
I enjoy painting & utilizing my carpentry skills, especially finish work. I have great deal of experience in mechanical & precision work & therefore good at any type of kit assembly. I love to take something that is unsightly or broken & turning it into something that is attractive & functional again. I can do almost any project whether it is minor repairs, such as electrical, plumbing, fence repairs or renovation work. The most unusual request I have received was from a friend who asked me to climb in the shower & bathe her cat.
There is no greater feeling than knowing that a client is so appreciative of your service that they want to talk about you to their family, friends & acquaintances in hopes of giving you more business.
3333 Bowers Avenue, Suite 130
Santa Clara, CA 95054
CLASS B LICENSE # 956442
Live Member Feedback:
|Will use again|
- Howard did a great job on the numerous small jobs he did around my house. Very good at what he does and very personable. I highly recommend him.
- Very disappointed in the service that I received. I had contacted the contractor and confirmed 2 hours would be more than long enough to hang a door slab. Well, I could not pay beyond the 2 hours and had to stop before the job was done. I will now have to finish the job myself. Seemed like the contractor was stalling to add additional time to the job.
More time was spent going out to the truck and trying to find the tools needed to do the job.
I will not use your service again and will not recommend it to anybody.
Response: First of all Ken, I am really sorry you were very disappointed in our service. To address your issues, you and I had never spoken before my arrival so I don’t know who you got your information from that 2 hours was more than enough time, it certainly wasn’t me. While at your house I told you the average installation time was 2.5 hours, and your installation was right on target for that. I think the whole problem was you scheduled yourself way to tight based on your erroneous information that it could easily be done quicker and you expected me to be gone at the end of the two hours. I told you repeatedly that I would like to finish the installation for you AT NO EXTRA CHARGE to you. As for the stalling and going out to the truck, I don’t think you realize how may tools and equipment it takes to do that job. Since I don’t have 12 arms, it does require quite a few trips to the truck. Besides, what motive is there to stall if I had offered to stay and finish it at no extra charge past the 2 hours. The only thing I left you to finish was install the doorknob – 15 mins., and I would have been happy to finish that for you had you let me. Even if you had let me know you had to be somewhere, I would have offered to come back later to finish it for you. As it was, you just started carrying my tools out to the truck to get me out of there.
- Service is excellent but price is WAY too high. Too bad, I would like to hire Howard again. Groupon is the only way to go.
Response: Thanks Wendy for the excellent service rating. I don' know what to say about the expense other than we're a lot cheaper than hiring an electrician.
- Good worker, honest and dependable
Response: Thanks Paul, I really appreciate your feedback
- Howard was very flexible in the tasks I had to do. He assembled children's toys and did some weatherstripping for me. He did a nice job with both of them. Even nicer, he cleaned up after himself. I would recommend him without hesitation.
Response: Thanks Suzanne, I hope you and the kids had a great Christmas. Hopefully, next time the weather will allow us to complete the outdoor projects you had planned.
- I am enjoying my gorgeous new light fixture, thanks to Howard's installation. After the first of the year, I will be requesting him again for another project.
Happy holidays to all and thank you Howard!!!!
- It is so nice to have found a reliable service. Living far away from family and trying to maintain a home on my own has not been easy. Howard is knowledgeable, prompt, and patient. I will DEFINETELY be using them again!